Friday, January 9, 2009

Thoughts...

Today was tremendously fun - even with a cold. I went with two friends, residents of Hawaii, on a hike up to what they call a "pill box" - a bunker from WWII - to watch the sunrise from what felt like the top of the world. It was gorgeous. I'm being reminded that loving people doesn't require only listening to them, but it also requires that we let them into our lives - Sharing even when you sometimes fight the feelings that you don't want to tell or that they may not want to listen....usually, they do. There is wisdom needed of course...not tossing your pearls before swine and all....I mean more of an honesty that allows them to learn from anything we have to give. I would want that from those that I know, wouldn't you? Then I had a phone call with someone that I was able to tell about the LORD two days ago...the conversation was nothing profound, but Lord willing, the effect of what God has done for Him will be profound in his life. If the TRUTH is fully accepted and followed, there is no way the effect cannot be profound. Then I was blessed to have a visit (do we still have tea? Yes, if there is Oregon Chai in the house! :)) from a teen that I had the pleasure of watching give her life to Christ one night in Slovakia about three years ago....I can't tell you the delight it was to be reunited with her. I feel I'm learning so much about the LORD, that I have known almost nothing before. I share of the little information I have on what Grace requires...the love that I cannot fathom...the heart which still wants me closer...Him...May we never assume to understand Him. He's AMAZING. We walked on the beach in Kailua tonight. Someone taught me how to help them get their surf kite (I think they call it wind surfing - I was told it's addictive) out of the sky...It was amazing what little material was needed to hold a whole lot of wind...enough to move someone across large waves. It's also amazing how a lot of "wind" with so little truth can "move and direct" a man/woman towards destinations that destroy them in the end. I'm also so thankful that Jesus can still calm the wind and the waves...even when we find ourselves entrenched in the middle of what seems insurmountable.