Friday, April 17, 2009

Ft. Irwin Conference...God completely changed my plans...

Here I am in Costa Mesa at a retreat - one in which I feel I will probably leave with much more than I could ever give....Lord, what you can do there's no telling till after! :)

Two things I wanted to share. I had a huge powerpoint ready and was excited to start with a full session challenging them to look at life from a perspective beyond what they are bombarded with daily, etc. We drove 3 hours through the desert where I'm staying to the European styled hotel (they just brought me cheese and fruit! Sweet!). When I was told that the bus of women would be arriving between 8:30 and 9:00, I realized that this was going to be a very late session...after they had also traveled for over 3 hrs. I expected tired women, instaed they were either really good actresses or they stopped for Starbucks on the way! :) They came Bibles in hand and ready to take notes.

As for me God had laid on my heart to have them pray and ask Him for whatever was on their hearts for this weekend...to cause them to have reason to seek for more of Him themselves! I studied and every verse seemed to be about His Word...seeking for His glory. Then He led me to something I had written on Easter and prayer Scripture. At a very unemotional time, the first lady I had asked to read a verse on prayer began to cry - hardly able to make it though the verse. I pointed to someone else standing and she looked at me and said, "I think you gave me the same verse!" I told her to read it as well - wondering what God was doing. Then God laid on my heart to not have them read any more verses...that was all. He wouldn't let me and I didn't want to go against Him even if it didn't make sense to me. I spoke...then WE PRAYED...many of the woman were wiping away tears. I'm in awe of You, Lord....Continue YOUR work - I so can't wait to see what you are going to do tomorrow! Your Word is So rich and You are so beautiful...I want to shout it from this rooftop!