Monday, January 5, 2009

In Hawaii...

Today I wrote out Mema's recipes...I feel like they are a treasure that runs through the bloodline of our family - I hope that we can keep the tradition of true southern cooking. One of the recipes had so many needless directives...it made me laugh. Then I realized that was the way I lived for so long...trying to look at every multi-task detail while not really being where I was or finishing anything (I'm sure there were some things, but not nearly as many as could have been done!) I'm confident that I really want to live. Therefore, I'm reminded that now is where I must be and this (whatever is before me) is what I must do with all my heart as unto Him. Then my focus has a place...just on Him. He'll tell me that next step...even when I'm looking up. :) Heb. 3:1