Monday, January 5, 2009

Visit to Pearl Harbor - Jan. 4th, 2009

So today I was blessed to see the memorial for the USS Ohio, USS Arizona (claimed the most lives) and the USS Oklahoma... the USS Missouri (still in tact and above the water though decomissioned) which was the ship that the Japanese signed the Unconditional surrender which ended WWII about 4 yrs. after it began. A couple of nights ago we watched Pearl Harbor and then went out on my parents lanai and my Dad pointed to where the attack planes flew in...Today was Sunday...On Sunday Dec. 7 1941 the scenery was probably quite the same, but on that morning American history was changed forever. I could say a lot about how this affected me, but may I say...I won't forget to appreciate what those men gave their lives to save...so help me God (Please!).